Every year 20 fisher youths are being trained in the Departmental Training course of 6 months duration with a stipend of Rs.1000/- per month/as per the existing Pattern of Assistance.
- Age: – 18 years and above.
- Qualification: – Minimum VIIIth Std. pass.
- Residence: – 15 years resident in Goa.
- Preference will be given to Fishermen/person engaged in fishing industry and also to the SC/ST persons.
This Directorate deputes the candidates for training courses at Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical and Engineering, Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Government of India, Fine Arts Avenue, Cochin and its Units at Chennai and Visakhapatnam for following courses.
- Vessel navigator course: – Duration of course 24 months.
- Marine Fitter Course: – Duration of course 24 months.
Eligibility for both courses:
- Age: – 15 years to 20 years
- Educational Qualification: – 10th Std. pass or equivalent examination with 40% marks in maths and science.
- Physical fitness: – Should be physically fit for strenuous work on board fishing vessels. In the case of Vessel Navigator course they should have pass the new entry standard sight test conducted by approved Doctors of Mercantile Marine Department.
The Department also sponsors candidate for the Degree courses in Bachelor of Fisheries Science (Fisheries) at Dr. Balasaheb Sawant, Konkan Krishi Vidhyapeet, Dapoli, Ratnagiri District, Maharashtra.Eligibility:
- Qualification: – XIIth Science pass with 35% marks with physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Residence: – 10 years resident of Goa.